c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Friday, December 24, 2010

Mother Nature Can Be A Real Bitch For The Rapha 500

I'm not kidding. I really mean it. All I want to do is ride my bike for 50+ miles a day. Look that should be simple. Unless Mother Nature & Rapha Festive 500 have a deal going I don't know about. If so, I will overcome. If not I'm going down trying. Both fist's flying, legs a spinning, and with lungs burning to get that patch.

Snow was in the forecast. Well this time the weather folks got it right...


Temps just above freezing made sure it wouldn't stick. Unfortunately I figured it would be a better call to take the MTB out for a spin. That was the right call until I discovered some very busy trail gnomes have cut and signed some new trail. Very fun trail if I should say so myself. The next time I go I will make sure it's a little drier. Rocks and roots covered in snow are a little treacherous. Fun, just a little more than I was ready for.

Today's ride started to push my limits. Toe's got wet, then cold. Glove's became wet from all the snow, then a bit chilled. Mind began to wonder. Luckily I had iPod cranking out some tunes. Tried again to get some shots. Big gloves, snow, fogged up lens caused some problems.

Totals
I'm thinking I should get some extra credit for total mileage. Seriously!


I'm totally shelled.

No comments: