c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Monday, September 28, 2009

USGP #1

Wow, what a weekend.

It was a total blur.

Thank goodness I have some shots of the mayhem!

First off I need to thank the boss(for letting me go), mwi official sponsor for letting me crash for a couple nights, Bernie and Terry for letting all of us misfits stay and then cooking dinner for us. In misfits I mean Chili, Half Lap, Rosco P Fasttrain then the respectable Molly Cameron who graced us with his presence for the duration of the four days. Other mwi crew in effect were Chucker and Dr Crash, who also worked medical for the event. (BTW, maybe some local teams should have a consult with Dr Crash on what is needed, how to use it, and when to do to certain procedures.) Plus our adopted brother in arms PMS. I'm actually looking forward to a roadtrip with ya man! Two ADHD guys in the car! How sweet it would be!

Molly gave me the ultimate geekdom award for allowing me to pit for him for the weekend(Thank You Molly!). But nothing will top the weekend more than the fact that Half Lap had the honor of working pit for Erwin Vervecken. Many CX dorks graced our fluorescent pink tent to get a glimpse of either Vervecken, Molly, or Jesse Anthony cruising through the compound. To top off the experience Chili was in seventh heaven with KfC next to us also. Jonathan Page was also there, enough said.

Saturdays race went off with a spectacular start in our 2/3 race. Right from the get go the front row looked more like bumper bikes than a race. Someone from the far right thought it would be cool to miss a pedal then fall over causing the first three guys to create a wave of mayhem. All I saw was a tall fellow starting to superman on the pavement all the while trying to make Rosco P Fasttrain do his fabulous start from last year.

Instead of kissing the pavement with his melon, he decided how to ride with feet unclipped while testicle surfing the top tube. In the mean while I decided I would aim for the fence to see IF I could avoid running over my teammate. Some how we both made it out unscathed, remarkable. But from that point I was gun shy. Not knocking the boys in Wisco but damn there were some really sketchy fellows trying to ride. Bodies were being tossed to the ground at the most random times. Maybe because I was so far back! Oh well, my muddies worked perfect because I was riding sections many couldn't. I just couldn't make up the time in the straights. (On a side note: Half Lap DFF'd, which means crusty 1, Half Lap 0) 59th for me officially. I forgot how Chucker and Rosco P Fasttrain wound up.

Sunday's race went so much smoother. mwi crew had 4 in the top twenty for the first lap then I decided I wanted to see how the mwi crew were riding. The bad thing is that they didn't wait around for me to see how they tore it up. The course was just tacky enough I decided to ride my file tread, boy was that the right call, I had so much fun rippin it through the course but "Scotty didn't give me enough power!" Rosco P Fasttrain 5th, Half Lap 23rd? Chucker 24th? crusty 56th! (Side note: Half Lap decided to suck up his mangina and beat me.) crusty 1, Half Lap 1!

Unfortunately I don't remember Dr Crash or Chili's finishing numbers for the weekend. My bad fella's.

I'm totally shelled from the long weekend of working and playing. Again I want to thank everyone involved with our most successful weekend at the big show. I'm dying to see you guys already in a month. Good luck at the Ohio 3!

BTW: Any of you know of a women interested in Chili?

2 comments:

JB said...

Nice! Appeared that local racers did quite well up North.

(word verification- de race)

crusty said...

That should have read 'de race up North, eh!' now it's clarified, eh!