c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Saturday, May 8, 2010

North By NorthWest, Son

So if no one noticed yesterday there was a bit wind.

A little bit chilly to start the day. Which meant a jacket day.

Hoping the pink's don't clash! What'ya think Dunnsberry?

Along with that it was my I Don't Give A F*&$ Friday ride. Yep, felt like my bro from Bodunklivar skipping out to ride at lunch. The only difference was that I didn't have to return back to work.

I decided since the wind was coming from the WNW that I would roll over to Bennetti's to grap a mid-ride snack & one of them there mac-a-chitto(had to be there!). Quite the discussion was brought about the wearing of pink among the barista's and myself. Interesting perspective from the non-cycling community. It was mentioned that one's husband owned more pink than she did. From that conversation we rolled into this...

I wound up signing that damn song the whole way home...Thanks! Seriously listen to the song and see if you don't actually sing/hum/whistle that tune for awhile. Meh!

Oh yea back to the ride. Since I don't like taking the same 'ol, same 'ol I decided to try out something new on the way home. Part of this decision was wind related let the truth be known. Then again I knew I had a little time to kill. The desire to put in some extra miles didn't hurt either.

So the adventure began..

Great coffee brought sun & hills. Its steeper than a 'flat screen' can show.

Throw in some break neck curves...

Some sweet scenery...

Am I still in Misery or AreKansas?

Yes, that is a beaver. A big one at that.

After entering suburbia I decided to take another route to avoid the wind. A decision that I would pay for in spades. Less wind more hills, stinkin thinkin! In between the hills one more decision that I would enjoy....

Gravel trail on a 10 speed

I was passed on a downhill with a "On your right"

I decided I would 'draft' for a bit

He was truly trying to drop me!

After that shot I gave him 'On your left' to which his response was, "Is that a ten speed or a cross bike?" I just didn't have enough gumption to take a shot of him behind me. The funny thing about that story is how it actually began. That gentlemen was at the trailhead on the phone when I passed him asking if he was ok or needed anything. Then about halfway through he came by a mach one on the downhill giving me the look. So of course I just 'had' to upshift. All I could think of after that was this...

One last set of hills was my final undoing here is the last one..

New pavement didn't make it any better

The last pitch I was almost tacking the climb.

1 comment:

ScottyD said...

Pink is Pink. Though pink jacket? hmmm I guess since its May its cool.