c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Getting Into the Motion

Finally pulled the trigger on a race weekend. Of course my most favorite race weekend to hate. Never feel that I'm ready for it. Love to race it. Loath to race it. Such a mix bag of emotions wrapped up in one package. The package of two wheels going up more than it seems going down. Never my best strength. Really my best weakness. Although I made an attempt to try to get on top of it. (yes pun intended)

Truth be known, if I would have received the text one day earlier I would be sitting in a suite Friday night rocking out to Tool. I'm a sad, pathetic bike geek. Missing out on one badass rock concert to race for the weekend. Weak sauce. Very weak sauce.
I know I'm going hate myself for missing this concert to race. I know it.
I guess I will look at this blog, then remind myself what weak sauce I've become.
Sad, pathetic, loser of a bike geek. IM NOT LIKING MY DECISION ALREADY!

Bad thing is that I wanted to use this weekend as measuring tool to build upon for the following race I planned on hitting. The only thing stopping that is the fact that our fence needs to be worked on now. Unfortunately the schedule of the man isn't very open for me. One full weekend a month til CX season. That puts the bullet square on 4th July weekend. I hate my _______!

Really have the feeling of plenty of base. Just no top end. What's sad is you need ALL top end this weekend. At least I know I have an awesome beer in the fridge to rinse the pain, bitterness, and loathing. Rinse & repeat. Rinse & repeat.

1 comment:

Paul Warloski said...

Racing now is just training for cross. You get a weekend of hanging out with other bike geeks, laughing, riding your bikes. And then savoring the well-earned beer.

And then it's just one day closer to cross season.