c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Good Things Are Worth Waiting For


I must say I was losing faith in this company.  A one month wait turned into a fiasco of "next week" for a total of three and half month wait.  For the price it was well worth the time.

But I'm throughly impressed with the end product.  Although he did short me the Sapim spokes and extended spoke nipples, I think I can make due with DT Aerolites and ProLock Nipples though.

So make sure you have a bib on as you look at the pictures...



The nice embedded counter balance 

                                The set of stealth wheels
                              
                                     The rear wheel


                                   The front wheel
Now the details:
38mm Edge Composite rim
DT 240's w/Enduro Ceramic Bearings
24 hole front and rear
DT Aerolite spokes
DT Prolock Nipples

Also included were skewers, SwissStop yellow brake pads.

For those of you who know me I don't care about the total weight of a part.  But I can say this is one of the lightest wheels I have handled in sometime.

If you can get a set of wheels from him I would recommend it, the price is about $450 less than what I first shopped for a few months ago.  All the parts are common for all shops and no worries about something being unique to this company.  That said, I'm really not sure how he is making any money doing business this way or how long he can maintain it.