c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Monday, September 8, 2008

The Tribe

Well it's quite interesting how small the actual cycling community is.  

How do I know this.... well I was able to check out the ToM today.  The Cycling Gods were smiling down on me today when the man decided to call an early day at the last minute.  Swwweeeetttt!
I'm going to have to make a sacrifice of something soon to keep them on my side.

Many a face was present for the event, old cycling partners, old customers, and good friends.  The faces at an event is always a treat. The ability to touch base with those I haven't seen at all this season puts a smile on my face.  Seeing how fit some of the boys are looking for CX this is a little intimidating.

Oh yea to that small race that entered town.  The peleton couldn't have asked for better CX weather than today.  Wait I forgot this is a road race.  It was 56 degrees light wind with a steady mist.  Perfect!!!

Cavendish's boys pulled off a fabulous lead out and he pulled away from Tyler Farrar at the 75meter banner and showed him how it's done.

Some interesting notes:
Mike Creed of Rock Republic doesn't ride a DeRosa.. .Last year's System Six with DeRosa downtube stickers, and a Cdale head badge??  R&R also had a hodge podge of rigs in and around the Cadi's.  How well is Micheal Ball running this team?

Team Columbia only had one set of 7900 DA?

Rabobank didn't have any 7900 DA?

Sparkasse had these cool Red Bull bikes with LightWeight wheels.

Well that's all that I can come up with now.

No comments: