c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Monday, September 1, 2008

Smack Talk

As long as I've been involved in sports that term"smack" has been used.

The only difference is that the sports I'm referring to are those of a team aspect.  Now cycling is an individual sport.  You, a bike, and the rest of the racers.  The oft used phrase for many coaches in 'ball' sports is "There is no I in team"  well now I am the team.  Me, Myself, and I take responsibility for my training, my bike prep, my registration for the race, and my transportation to the event.  Don't get me wrong cycling can be a team sport in the right setting i.e, road racing, but most of you that read should know how the sport works.

I often give my sage advice to those who are in the circle.  Sometimes to no avail, but I do try and bang my head against those who have the uncanny ability to dispense knowledge from their ass!

Now the CX season is starting it's time to talk shit! 
2)  I like this beer very cold.
3)  I like my bills in this style. 
4)  I like my coffee this way.
5)  I like my dinner here.

So here are some tips for those who feel the need to lay down the smack!  

I will be waiting for you at the finish line to collect my bets!

As one professor once told me " A B.S. means Bull Shit, an M.S. means More Shit, while a PhD stands for Pile High Deeper!"  At this juncture I have enough "Life" credits built to make my B.S. into a PhD.

3 comments:

eforendo said...

I do believe you started said "smack" talking - I am just playing into your ego :)

CurbDestroyer Chronicles said...

Smack? . . . Heroin Shiek? Tommorow should be interesting. I'm starting to get ready to race SS-CX. That's right SS, You know the dissssssss-a-plin where running is my strength.

. . . What you think I might race twice? . . . Hey wait, now I'm talking smack on myself . . . Freak'n Crusty.

crusty said...

Please stroke my..... ego more!!