c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Monday, August 9, 2010

My Private Pain Cave, A Plan Is Hatched

Well after last Thursdays STXC I've decided to place myself in the pain cave. Plan revealed later.

I was the nail and there were 6 hammers. For some reason my legs decided I had enough fun after the first lap which placed me in recovery mode for the next eternity it felt like. I painfully watched 4 guys pass me then just disappear.

On the last lap I thought I had enough of a gap to just coast in for glory.(since no one knows the 'old guy', last week I was ???? now I'm not on there) But I was completely wrong, on the back section I was caught. Now the pressure was on in my pee brain. I didn't want to get notched down again(already had Lucas lap me w/1 left) So I dialed it up coming up the rise from the road. That guy was right there, breathing down my back tire. A couple of shift's up on the road section then an amazing bike throw at the invisible line garnered me a sprint finish for seventh. Oy vey..
I felt...

Now back to the plan...
My own private (pain cave) stage race (sort of)
Day 1. 6 hour stupidfest. Not referring to the race it's self. Just me doing it.
Day 2. Recovery ride/drink beer
Day 3. Work/Recovery ride/drink beer
Day 4. Work/Dirt TT #1/drink a shake
Day 5. Work/Dirt TT #2/drink a shake
Day 6. Work/STXC/drink a shake
There are more races but they start to interfere with my sleep/work. I like sleep. I'm old. It's good for me and those around me. If not, I'm more crusty than many can handle. I'm still deciding about Saturday, since this is my only one off this month. Otherwise Its. On. Like. Donkey. Kong.

I really think I qualify for even thinking of this idea...

No comments: