c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Change in the Wind?

Mother Nature has decided its time for winter here.

Really had some thoughts of busting out with this race.  BUT...the weather had a small part in it, our 10th anniversary night celebration, and the fact that I'm glad to not be affected by the overall industry meltdown, yet.  Somewhat of a stressor with all the rumors floating on this and that.  It is quite amazing how rhetoric spreads like wild fire in that place.  Can make you a little nervous sometimes.

Now that I know that I'm in the clear for at least a few months it's time to get a sharp focus in the right direction. CX season has been such a difficult one for me this season.  I thought I would garner some experience  by doing some UCI races in other states.  The only thing I have experienced is that the courses vary from state to state and from promoter to promoter.  Along with quite a few bumps and ego bruisers.  Oh yea, I'm down 0-2 to this guy.  Four more races to go to in this season battle.

Some of the notes that I have stashed into the memory bank is that CX courses should have small, short, punchy climbs/downhills, twisty turns, sand, steps are becoming the big new thing, again.  One set of barriers with the ability to hit them at speed.  (Isn't that the difference in a good CX'er and not?)  

Well, there's my rant for the day.  

One other thing worth mentioning, last night my new neighbor decided our house was his and tried to come on in.  Luckily we had the door locked, along with the fact that Maximilian was ready to tear a leg off probably woke him up.  As I approached the door I see a vehicle blazing out of the driveway down the street, only to stop and pull up next door. Swweeetttt! 
Welcome to the Neighborhood.


1 comment:

karl's jr. said...

i prefer longer climbs. the ones today at leavenworth sucked. those were stand up climbs - i do better on longer sit down climbs.