c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Monday, November 10, 2008

Going Through the Motion

That was the first thing I was asked from the boss when I got home Sunday afternoon.  The funny thing she hit it right on the head.

No pavement at all, straight grass course.  Oh wait I forgot there was some concrete for most of the day, that is up until the 1/2/3's and the decision came down that after a couple people went ass over tea kettle that they would take out the concrete steps that you hit at full speed.  I must say that was a lovely design.  I wish more courses would throw off camber, bump ladened, concrete steps at an angle at mach speed.  Fabulous!!

I think I might be suffering from Trebonsis ( a classic symptom that CX athletes often  display mental and emotional disorder that affects only part of the personality while riding shitty courses or don't have a hells chance in placing on the podium.  Other factors that accompany this syndrome are various physical (fall down to draw attention to ones self, then pout the rest of the lap until one quits), physiological ( which could cause one to ghost ride their bike at the finish line), and mental disturbances (I'm happy, I'm sad, I kick ass, I suck ass).

"I will show you assholes, I quit!"

  I'm hoping I can put something together to the up coming final races to make up for the misfortune I have had thus far.  If nothing goes right I might have to find a doctor to find a cure for Trebonsis.  If you know anyone who is suffering from the same symptoms and have found a cure please let me know.  

I'm getting desperate, the suffering is immense and I really need a fix. Please ask the other CX junkies you know to see if there is an end result to this syndrome!

No comments: