c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dipped in the Toe

A whole week ago. Man that seems forever ago and a day.

Well not much to report on as far as my 'race' weekend. Break Through T of KC was as usual a mess for me. The week leading up felt really good especially Tuesday. But come Thursday I was a little stale.

'Race' day was Friday night at Longview College. 4's started at 5:45 and the temp was still a blazing. The course doesn't suit me all that well but I love the fact it's so close to the casa. The crit was a 40min +3 at least for some of those guys and girl. The first couple of laps I was right up there then all of the sudden the body decided not to regulate the temp. 21 minutes I got lapped. Plus the last three laps I was racing with Amber. Very sobering.
BTW, Amber you need to let off the brakes going into corners. Carry your momentum through will help you save energy. Follow wheels or keep an keen eye to the line, set up of the rider approaching the corner, gears and such. That will help.

Saturday was a scheduled work day. I tried to get off early enough to allow time for a warmup of some sort but to no avail. I got to the race 15 minutes before the start. Not good. With that I just decided to watch JJ hang with the group and suffer. Suffer he did. But he was racing and hanging in the group.

Sunday NO motivation to race. But I found some pictures to make a movie. Thanks Lyle Reynolds.


Now I have resided myself to trying to put more time in the saddle dedicated to efforts. Would have loved to race the weekend in Lawrence but had to get the neighbor situation, well situated. Will be interesting to see what they come up with next.

Been feeling this for a few days. Especially after todays run in with the law this morning. Karma is a motherf*&$er to which I suspect that officer will be paid back.

Todays dirt session was perfect. Wondering what tomorrow's group ride is going to be like?

No comments: