c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Putting All My Eggs in The Proverbial Basket of Cycling

pro·ver·bi·al

[pruh-vur-bee-uhl] Show IPA
–adjective
1.
of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a proverb: proverbialbrevity.
2.
expressed in a proverb or proverbs: proverbial wisdom.
3.
of the nature of or resembling a proverb: proverbial sayings.
4.
having been made the subject of a proverb: the proverbialbarn door which is closed too late.
5.
having become an object of common mention or reference:your proverbial inability to get anywhere on time.

That's how I'm starting to 'feel' now. You know the 'feeling' of racing, right. Putting yourself in battle against other gentlemen with the same ambition of completing a task to which much time and energy has been devoted.

At this time I have completely switched all mental aspects to which I aspired to at the beginning of the season. A multitude of races were laid out on the calendar of racing. Then suddenly as the race day approached a sudden 'feeling' of unpreparedness to accomplish a well placing or actual completion of the event grasped my body, mind, well being. I could also blame much of it on Mother Nature with her unrelenting necessity to dump an assload of rain to make sure events were cancelled or questionable for the time to invest in driving.

So a full month earlier than ever before I'm starting to 'feel' how the CX bike feels. The starts, dismount at speed, mounting at speed, riding moto. Figuring out which foot to dismount with as not to lose momentum.(yes the last two are questionable to many. I have my reason's-read into that Old Skool)

Just as last year I'm putting a schedule that is pretty sweet. I'm just hoping not to get sick like last year. I did enjoy being a superfan(some didn't enjoy or get it) BUT I would have rather been slogging it instead of yelling, cowbelling it, and generally being loud! When I did get the chance to get into I was waaaayyy off the back with a giant grin.

I'm looking to some upcoming events to hone my fitness, pain threshold for the CX season. Not going to throw those out, because sure as shit Mother Nature will pee pee on them. I'm seriously not considering even thinking about them. Due to the fact if I have a thought of them BOOM rain, wind, hail, tornado's, hell fire arises to stricken them cancelled.

So if all goes well then I feel this song will be appropriate:

Ring the bell, blow the whistle bitches because I got a feeling its on!

No comments: