c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Friday, July 30, 2010

STXC with a little CX

Last nights short track x country was a blast. Really. HOT. Really. HUMID. Did I say I had fun.

The trails were dry surprisingly since it was storming everywhere but at Swope. The STXC loop is very true to what a race should be expect for the fact that the promoter added a little CX component to the race. One dismount over a 3 to 3.5ft log that was followed by another log to bunny hop over as soon as you took your two-four steps remount. Some of the laps I accomplished this task smoothly. A couple of them were ok, with one that was utterly terrible.

Felt really good when we started. Watched as Ethan & Duff check out from the rest of us. 'Us' was Richard, myself, and a Boulevard fellow. After a couple of laps I wasn't very comfortable with gear selection so I decided to change gears way to often. A lack of confidence in my ability to push a gear. One gear change costed me a position as the change skipped the chain then I proceeded to slam the shit out of my knee into the handlebar. It hurt then started to bother me which caused me to take a little time to recover costing me. Oh well, lesson learned. Gears figured out. Now we'll see how the progression begins. So far good 'sensations'. I forgot to mention how fun the Swope trails are. Even after racing I decided to ride some more. Really have to give love to C&C for busting arse out there on trail design and execution. Very tough to leave without riding more trail.

Gotta say the trails do warrant a dualie. Very rough to say the least. Running 2.1's with 24psi in both front and rear, but the rig still was kicking up especially on the backside of the course. Looking forward to next week's course will be reverse. Should be better for me I hope.

I'll have some of these on...

No comments: