c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm feeling it..

Woke up this morning feeling like shit!!  Yep total shit.  I mean not the typical feeling like shit, but the shit you feel like after working 50 plus fucking hours.  Trying to train 10 hours, entertain the boss, talk to friends and family, watch the Olympics, look at the internet.  To much shit, to little time.

Sooo I decided to say fuck it and not race.  Sad, really fucking sad.  

As I fixed the morning bowl of coffee I could feel the remnants of the STXC race and lack of sleep from the night before.  The body was achy and  little tight, yea I'm feeling old.  After breakfast I went down to inspect the rig for the days planned race.  Low and behold the disc in the rear was rubbing, new fangulled technology sucks.  I searched high and low to find some washers to put in to give it space, but to no avail.  I haven't dug up all the bike parts yet from the move.  With the rub annoying me enough and the wheel not spinning freely I decided to visit the local bike shop to see if they had any brake washers.  NOPE!!  The local hardware store?  NOPE!!  Fuck!!

Came home and decided to go eat out and enjoy the beautiful day instead of racing for six hours and give my old body a rest.  After eating out we headed over to shop to line up my next session with the man.  Next up was some home shopping.  To finish the day off we headed for some dessert.  Oh yea one more stop for home furnishings.  

After all that shopping the boss and I decided to hit the road.  I rode the single to make it more entertaining and make it more of a work out.  The boss chose the route which was really great one in which we hit some roads that I haven't hit before.  Always refreshing to hit some new roads in the da hood.  On the way back home we found a couple of sick mansion that were open and we took a looksee, boy oh boy those two houses were on the unbelievable scale.  I don't know who is going to buy those but they had to be pushing at least 1.5 million dollars.

That was my day wrapped up in a nutshell.  Tomorrow will be a two hour training ride with the boys.

No comments: