c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Friday, August 15, 2008

STXC BABY!!!!

On the quest for getting into shape in a small amount of time I decided to hit the new STXC series.  

Time, literally is of the essence, wasn't or isn't on my side.  So I decided to do the B's race which started at 6:30 and lasted 30 min's.  That way when the race was done I could get home by 8ish since the venue is about an hour away from the new casa!

One thing that you can depend on more than anything is that the meteorologists  will be correct when they predict only a 30% chance of rain, my ARSE!!!  It poured up north and I was running semi slicks on the front and rear.  Well the course was very slick and slimy, with twists and turns and two creek crossing's one wet the other rock strewn.  To say the least you had to be on your 'A' game the whole course without having the semi-slicks on.  

As the race started two of us broke away and set a steady pace.  I followed the JH's line through the course to help me later on.  Then about the half way mark JH bobbled and I grabbed the lead not to look back until the next to last lap when someone else started coming up on me.  I punched it and made a good gap to hold on to the end.  

What is funny is the last time I did an STXC was at the Tour of the Rockies.  Let me tell you doing a STXC at the base of Steamboat is an ass kicker.  Doing flat land dirt crits are way more fun.  

No comments: