c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Sunday, March 8, 2009

Spring Forward, Fallin Backwards?

Well as I sit here and write this I get the feeling I'm fallin of the wagon.

The training wagon that is... How you might ask? Well it started with the fact that I needed to clear some tree's outta of the backyard this weekend. Not listening to the Boss, I decided to hit it yesterday when it was in the 60's with some wind a blowin'. She told me that there was some poison ivy in that mess of trees. With the warm temp's I decided to wear my standard summer attire, Shorts and short sleeve shirt. Brilliant!!

Getting almost all the dead limbs out of the trees was a job in a half. I had to move all the limbs and such under the deck until I get a truck to haul them to the dump. To my surprise..... I wake up this morning with both arms starting to blister up. Now if anything on my body itch's I'm instantly checking to see if I have more little red bumps coming up.

So no riding for the weekend. SUCK!!

Now this weekend's race could be in jeopardy due to the dicey spring weather we are having.
At least this one will go off with a hitch! Then follow that with a big block of training.

Since this weekend was blown I got to enjoy this that much more....


BTW, check out these kits! Just ignore the HAPPY model. Better be fast to wear this, eh? I hope so!!

No comments: