c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Saturday, June 27, 2009

Tour of KC-Less Scummit Edition Afternoon 1

I must say I'm throughly impressed with the SKC organization for putting together such a good two event's in Less Scummit.
To start the weekend off my buddy JJ came in from Bodunkilvar. It's most interesting that this town doesn't have access to texting. Outside of the greater metropolitan area of Springfield. But he is able to access Twitter via dial up. Swwweeeetttttt.

After a short 'what's up' exchange we decided to get kitted up and roll to the course. I told JJ that is was 10miles away from the casa. I decided we should leave around 4:15 to give ourselves plenty of time to get there with a nice easy ride to warm up. Considering it was 93 degrees with humidity in the 30% ball park I figured that an hour and twenty five minutes would be plenty time to putz on out there. What I didn't figure on was that JJ's butterflies would kick in and he decided to put the tempo on to make sure we would get there in plenty of time. To my dismay my HR would not drop below 150. Bad sign. So I subtly decided to slow the pace but I kept getting the look over the shoulder "Hurry the Hell Up" look. Well we arrived in plenty of time to catch set up of the course and ride the wrong way, due to the fact they weren't done yet. NOTE: (Early arrival). After a couple of laps I decided this was not a good course for me to start up the season. Undulating course with no reprieve in sight for the wicked.

At the start things went really well, I was in the top twenty, ahead of JJ. I made it through the first tight corner safely then I started going backwards (actually looking for JJ to help him). As the first group started to slip away I was lucky to finally find JJ and pull him up to the first group. After that I sucked. This all occurred in the first lap. Great, I'm killing it now. I'm sucking, I'm actually throwing all blame on JJ for setting a blistering warm up on my early demise. Oh did I say I sucked? Well I made it 20 minutes of the 40mins. Big suck.

JJ did a great job of sticking with the group after I helped him up on the first lap. But in the end he didn't sprint for the money, which I can't understand I thought he could have sprinted at the end to give me some cash for helping him early on. Some guys, phuuuffff! He did finish up 11th overall. Great job bro!!

Tonight is Night Two Of Tour Of KC-Less Scummit Edition and the temp is 95 right now with 50% humidity. I'm hoping to finish tonight and not have to work so hard for JJ on the first lap or during our blistering warm up to the race tonight. Then the Epic begins.

1 comment:

John Jones said...

Sure, go with that version if it helps you sleep at night.

JJ