c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Monday, June 29, 2009

Tour of KC-Power & Light Edition Afternoon 3

The morning looked great with the temp sitting at 68 degrees when I got up. The Boss takes Maximilian for a walk while JJ and I sip coffee and chat about solving the problems of the cycling world. When the Boss comes back she fires up the Belgian waffle maker to make a super breakfast for all of us. BTW, if you slack in this house,well your ass out. Don't hesitate when fruit is offered or "YOU GET NONE!" Blueberry nazi says.

JJ decided to drive himself down so he could bail back to Bodunkilvar after our race. We exited into Downtown to see that the course was set up right around the new Kauffman Building for Performing Arts, yikes I knew I was in trouble!

It was a really sweet course with really good speeds and little brakes needed to fly through four corners. I decided not to go for a warm up lap this time and got front row on the inside of the course. I could feel the legs were a little heavy so I decided to try something for fun. A HAIL MARY. I figured I could lay down a nuclear lap and soften the pack up for my boy's JJ and KLew. Well it worked I strung out the pack and absolutely went atomic, not able to recoup I just did intervals on the finish climb and called it a day at 21:05. Didn't make my goal of 30min's but longer than the past two days. Yea, I know 1:05 but hey that's progression right? Thanks to this guy for the 'recovery drink!'

Only one thing laid in the way of another big payday for JJ and myself(the diligent lieutenant, I didn't see a envelope laying around after you left JJ for the race winnings split?) KLew....
My boy decided to send some junior over the barriers with a vulgar display of power.
The end result to body: Broken scaphoid, with a fractured glenoid process.
The end result to bike

What a wonderful weekend it was(except for KLew's crash) and looking forward to the next race/ride weekend JJ is in town.

Thanks for Kim Morris for shooting these pics...

3 comments:

JB said...

mucho luv bro! thanks for playin'!

Paul Warloski said...

Crusty, I haven't read this much whining since my 7th grade female students talk about Twilight. I can't imagine what you're going to write about come cross season!

crusty said...

I think it will read that I'm killing all! Destroying courses, thrashing barriers, shredding dirt, leaving suckers in the dust!
Any other questions Mr Chili?