c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Monday, November 9, 2009

DFL and Lapped

Yep accomplished both in one race. Fanphuckingtastic!

My fourth row call up was a surprise. I figured I would be in the 6th row with the eventual race winner. Oh wait he moved up to the front row after the official moved out of the way. Nice!

As the whistle went off we all got off to a smooth start. Well at least as smooth as uphill pave(red bricks) will allow. Pick and choosing my through the group to maybe the top ten when the bomb went off in front! A 180 proceeded by a downhill with a slight jog to the right caused mayhem 3 men down in the corner caused me to vier off course or join the carnage. By the time I got back on the course, well I was DFL. Fanphuckingtastic! My mind checked out and decided to have some fun when I could.

Here are the results...


Nice arse!







I paid for this didn't I? Dumbarse!









I got skillz, beicthes!







Yes, I did do that on purpose. That wasn't the landing from the above picture either. Two separate shots by Roger Harrison. Unfortunately he didn't get my sweet X-up over the bump. It was really cool and scary at the same time. All most cased it.

I can definitely feel 8 weeks of cold still. My first double weekend and I'm wrecked. 12hrs of sleep, a sweet 18 hole frisbee golf with the boss and I'm almost ready for a nap.

If you didn't hear me this weekend you had to see me. The mwi summer skinsuit was rocked both days. It was washed between races. I didn't want anyone to smell me.

My damn Spooky brakes have decided to die on me. Springs have shot the shit, but never fail Vladimir has a couple of new sets in the mail for me. Just hoping I get them before the weekend. Otherwise one bike is going to be butchered to get a smooth, no turkey calling bike to race on. I'm bidding my time till these(these) come out. So sweeet! Old school updated with todays technology. I still have some of the original parts for spares. Avid rocks!
Next weekend will be at the same place. Heard through the grape vine people weren't so happy with the course. Oh well, CX is for hard men. Either you are or aren't. Just remember one person's fav course won't be your's and the opposite holds true.

Just remember that next Saturday Night! Good warm-up for the CX race on Sunday. Hope to see you all out there.

No comments: