c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Recapitulate

Driving up to the venue known for Mt Krumpit is always an enlightening experience. For this year the boss decided to see what this "Party on the Krumpit" was all about. Well she got more than she expected.
Fridays night race, new for Jingle CX, was my only one for the weekend. Adding insult to injury it was on the first lap that I decided to 'ride' the downhill. Typically not a difficult thing for me. But add in 60 testosterone raging fella's trying to tear the legs off of each other the picture becomes muddled.
The run up killed me, putting me further back into the maelstrom. As I approached the top I decided to let it rip, full on! There was one problem someone decided to stop at the first corner of the off-camber downhill causing a bottleneck as I charged full steam to meet my destiny.
I was bobbin n weavin through the scrum, as a body laid out right before me. Leaving me no option to abort(I really thought about running over the f*&%er though) as I aborted a bicycle flipped up catching my shin with it's chainring. Next thing I know my shin was numb with alot of throbbing going on. I remounted, with the first pedal stroke was a sure sign tonights match was over for me. I struggled over to the mwi tent to assess the damage.
One fancy mwi knee warm only had a trickle of blood showing. The thing that bothered me was the obvious two chainring teeth marks in my shin, not only that the quarter sized skin graft now hanging from the inside said knee warmer. FANPHUCKINGTASTIC! The boss got me cleaned with the medical kit I carry in the vehicle for such occasions. Out of my onesy to get cleaned up to see how this sucker looks.
A little throbbing all night gave me a bad outlook for the racing for the weekend. Which I decided to bag due to the running would only make it worse. So found RV and crew to commence with the friendly comments from the peanut gallery.
On the downhill of Mt Krumpit many beers were drank by us, along with many riders. The fun really didn't start until the dollar bills were stuck into the tape post's. Right before a wonderful deep bike length quagmire. Not many people felt very sure of themselves to release the bars to go for the dollars.
After awhile a couple racers started to take the colorful commentary to heart. That's to bad, it was all in good fun. At least WE were having fun. Just remember those that took it serious-your dumbass paid to ride that course! In CX it is common to be harassed, so don't take yourself so f*&%ing serious. If you don't like it, stick to the road where you can keep your ass puckered, nose in the air attitude among your hoity toity pals!
As the 2/3's started we followed the keg to the top of Mt Krumpit were the fun really started. Many new 'hand-ups' were created i.e. turkey sandwich, beef sticks, meat log, cheese whiz with the regular old beer hand ups.
I do think I did hear someone say we were going to 11 on the hill! Here are some pics. Enjoy.

Some people think the course is a little goofy. Here is some perspective. Go watch the video titled Laatste Ronde Wereldbeker Koksijde.

Now I have to wrap my mind around the fact that Missouri State CX is next weekend!!
So I decided to hire this guy . Thanks JJ I hope this works for me!

1 comment:

John Jones said...

I know this has been a tough season so hang in there (one more week). If Foley doesn't do the trick then try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RajNvJ3bCU