c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Plan A, No. Plan B, No. Plan C, No.

I'm glad I have a flexible coach. I mean in terms of scheduling, not actual gymnastic flexible. Why?

Well from the title my plans were laid out in standard form:
1. CX practice with starts, cornering, and dismounts/mounts the focal point
2. Go to the 'new' old course for some refreshing sights and sounds.
3. Somewhere in the middle turn yourself inside out. Then ride home.

The 'actual' plan was to be out about 2.5-3hrs but...
...all entrances to the park were shut down due to deer season in the park. All three entrances stated the same. The front part of the lake was to be unachieved. Most time I would 'poach' the park. NOT this year, rifle's were in use. Very LARGE rifles echoed through the park matter of factly. I pulled out the wuss card for sure.

So coach now what? Plan A-C was a no go! Shut down by the man! Fast thinking by the coach came up with an alternative plan. Stay close, check out some of the really close flavor. Here are the mixed results in pics.

No trail obstacle is to small or large when a plan is in effect!

I had to have proof that I made it through it! Or got stuck there when they found my body!

Success!

The work paid off for a wonderful view!

Still had these little bastards scattered through out the trail. No flats!

Stairway to Heaven?

A bridge to far?

The photo gives no real depth. That plunge is at least 20ft.

More hidden treasures.

I was busy as a beaver!

2 comments:

eforendo said...

by turning your self inside out - did you mean stop a whole bunch and take pictures?

John Jones said...

I initially thought the pic of you and the branch was taken on a time delayer during a nap, but I read on..

Good to hear you are cleared up and getting in some good training (other than this post). Tow me around Saturday night.