c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Monday, November 16, 2009

My Name is Mud

More about the title later...
Friday the 13th was bad luck for the man as a fire in the facility forced an early departure.. to bad so sad. That meant I got an extra hour of light to hit the trails. Which I did. Happy, Happy.

Saturday morn presented itself with another fantastic opportunity to hit the trails before the rain came in. Lately I haven't trusted the weathermen/women in the area. So off to the park to hit some trails I missed the previous day. I did a visit to the old 10/11 trails. To my surprise they were still well maintained. Not only that there was tire tracks laid just recently. While I was out in the midst of the good stuff I did notice one other rider(the beginning of the stalker). on the loop I just came up. Later I ran into 'him' on the trail.
Two days of trails was very enlightening to the soul. Almost forgot why I started biking, only to be reunited with my dirt friend with fat tires. Love!

Went home to mentally prepare for the festivities for the night. KCSprints. Oh the joy of visiting Harlings Upstairs. Every time I visit I'm reminded of the days when we were under 21 and visited this shit hole. Yes, its a shit hole and I love it. The people that show up are truly diversified. Tonights fragrance lofting in the air, PISS! Fanfuckingtastic. Nothing an hour of acclimation can't resolve or was that a couple of Guinness? Not to sure but the crowd was gathering, the usual victims were present along with some new faces(stalker was in street clothes). It seemed that there was some confusion on the program the crew uploaded, which was actually fastest time of the night not bracket, which was first announced. Luckily for me I wore my Podium Shoes, as per Half Lap. 3rd fastest for the night. First and second were 21,23 years old respectively.

Sunday well brought De Stad Cyclocross which is why I threw the video down below. Pics below that. I can tell I'm getting some fitness back little by little. Such a slow process to gain back what little was there. I do have to admit that was my favorite CX race in years. I was practicing lines throughout the race. Just seeing which was better for me. It's not always the fastest to follow the herd. It is ok to go your own path. Someone might have a "Why didn't I do that" moment. Thanks for those that stuck around and yelled. Positive vibe is always good. Karma will come back to ya'll.
I also set my record of psi in tubs 18psi in front and back.
A side note: JJ was in a zone like no other I have seen. Eye of the Tiger was an understatement at the line(few words exchanged was wonderful) then as the race started in the mayhem he gave me the new found "Hate Bump" because he still the fire in his eye's!! The man was a self wrecking ball. Plus he forgot his shoes after leaving the venue. Old Timers Syndrome. We are there for you OLD Buddy. We might have to start tagging your items. So promoters can call you to send those items left behind at each place you visit.
If you haven't seen the results Dunnsberry, has flicked the switch. Good job, mate!
Yea the stalker was there too?! I'm watching my back now!!

Enjoy the video and gallery from the weekend.








No comments: