c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Saturday, November 7, 2009

HPT GP DFL(almost)

Well we were out at Heartland Park Topeka Grand Prix or 'avondcross' or night cross. Plus to celebrate the boss and I's 11th wedding anniversary. Played it safer this year than last. Ask the boss what a great time she had last year when you see her!

I do admit this is one my favorite course's all year. The use of the dirt track oval, the infield, behind the grandstand, to the front of the concession stand this course just plain rocks. Tonights course was better than the previous editions. A little more flowy, but still with the right amount of difficulties to keep you aware of your surroundings.

As stated in the title I was almost DFL. Knife fighting for lantern rouge. Oh the joy!

Excited I got to wear my summer skinsuit tonight. 7:45pm with temps in the 70's, crazy. Tomorrow is the same. So I'm washing the SSS for tomorrows ride, I mean race! No Sunday Suit for me. Long sleeves will be overkill for the onslaught on St Mary's course. Pave, Pave, or just plain red bricks either way I'm riding/racing over them for a few laps.

Pics...

Spokey light things, that way they could still see me when they shut down the lights!

So fast I was a blur! In the parking lot.

Ok, I pulled a fast one. After call ups no one took the inside line. 5 rows deep or front?

A trend is starting. Hope you see it.

The trend? No one near me or the blurry shots. (boss is fired from camera usage!)


Spokie light things are sweet.

Good night.

No comments: