c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

The Life of a Pro (Day One)

Well it begun by sleeping in by over 4 hours over the regular work up and ad-um.

Nice bowl of grits and english muffin washed down with a couple glasses of juice, then my cup of coffee.
             Note the regular sized coffee cup compared to my cup!
Packed up the dog, the mtb and off we went to hit the local trails.

80% of the trails were dry as concrete, while the other 20% was deep arse mud.  Maximilian loved it, jumping in each and every puddle to cool off.  Ten miles later and a permi-grin on my face, this was the end result of a good ride on my hardtail.

I did realize one thing today while cruising through the woods.  I Love my Seven, with v-brakes, semi slicks, with a Fox 80mm fork, and 8 speed twist shifters,  from J.T. (really I bought them from a consignment shop in Durango with some other items of his)

I reckon cutting my teeth will help me ride my full suspension better, although I might race the Seven at the next race after the fun I had screaming through the woods with it.  

Riding it brought back memories of the days when I was riding with a certain special(ized) guy. Watching him tear it up through the woods then following his lines and mannerisms on the bike helped me become quite efficient at trail riding.  

Since purchasing full suspension I haven't had that same flickability that comes with the Seven. Yeah I know it's custom, and it fit likes a glove but I should have some of that moto feel and I don't have it.  

No comments: