c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Thank You Mother Nature

Today Mother Nature played nicely today.  

The weatherman said I would have a window from 10am till around 3pm.  Boy was he right on the money.

Checked the thermometer which read 61 degrees with 72% humidity with a heavy overcast sky.  So I decided to throw on the Swobo wool undershirt, light weight long sleeve jersey, euro cycling cap, and my shades with a little old skool balm for the knees.

Got the rig ready to roll in the rain by lowering the pressure in the tires to 90 psi and off I went.

Rolled it out towards Independence and I thought I was going to get nailed by the storm.  It was just right in front of me leaving the road a little damp but absolutely perfect temps with no wind.  Perfect Classics weather, again thanks Mother Nature for another perma-grin ride.

Final ride time for the day: 3hrs and 10min.  Then a nice session of yoga to get everything ready for tomorrows epic.....

Is it possible for three days in a row?

No comments: