c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Monday, May 19, 2008

The Weekend of NOT

Well, I SUCK!!

After getting the Old Skool rig ready to rip up the XC race on Friday, I decided to do the Benetti's coffee ride on Saturday.  Why not?  Nice little warm up before killing the trails in St Joe.

Well, the Saturday started at 8:15 on the creak n fail to make it to the ride at 9.  Well a couple of wrong turns later I arrive at 9:10 to see the ride hasn't started yet!  YEAH!!  We try to put a trailer together to no avail then the ride proceeds to roll.

To my amazement Curbdestroyer laid out one hell of a course for road bikes without trailers and a small child in it.  Poor fellow that towed his child up and down all those bergs, I know his arse had to take a nap after that ride.  After a 20 mile's with ride time of 2hrs we make it back to the cafe.  A 'one of the best' coffee of all time and a tuna sandwich for my lunch and dessert before the ride home.  A little chat time which I had to disspell an Urban Legend about a certain 'list'.

Then Curbdestroyer lead me on a new way home to which we discovered this gem. 

 Man this person did some work on this beaut!  He also had a Air Stream fifth wheel in the back that looked perfect.

After taking some shots CD rolled back home and off I went towards my temporary residence.  I get home with a total of 4hrs of riding time.  OOOPPPSSS!  Not a very good plan I must say if I'm planning on racing the next day.  Oh well, social interaction was good for the soul!!  

I figured I would see how the legs felt in the morning before making the trip to St Joe.  Who would have thought the temp would reach 85 degrees so soon.  Our temp quarters doesn't allow much wind flow, so it was freakin hot as Hades in the house.  Which didn't leave me a restful sleep to get adequate recovery.  

Well, after a little thought and no sleep, along with looking at the wallet I decided to skip it and make the BOSS happy with a little dirt time with her.  First to the store for food, then we ripped it out to the dirt park, where the BOSS absolutely tore it up!  She rode stuff she never rode before and then the stuff she couldn't master she tried a second time.  Nice!! 

 About an hour into the legs came around along with the skills, I was trying my best to run over the worst line possible before that!  Shit, road riding takes the skills out of you fast!  After a hour and half we called it a day and that was it!  At one point of the trail we saw a 3ft Copperhead chillin in the trail.  Sorry no pics, but believe me it was a beautiful Copperhead, I did my best Brady Barr
">and  off we were on the trail again.

My LOSER weekend wrapped up and delivered in a nutshell!

No comments: