c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Friday, August 7, 2009

Hookie, Chiggers, and Moto

Hookie:
For the first time in 13 years I played the above mentioned. That's right, stuck it to the man! Rolled out undercover, incognito, ninja style with the masses of smokers. Not one soul noticed. That is until later when the man texted:

"Where you at?" the man
"In the loo" crusty
"They are looking for you" the man
"Be down in a couple" crusty
"How is Broadway?" the man
"The best as usual!" crusty
"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving?" the man
"I thought I did, my bad" crusty


The trail gnome hasn't been out at BS Lake at all. This is what happens when you want to see if maybe, just maybe around the corner might be cleared. No such luck. Trail gnome sucks! I'm in living hell right now, and I look like an animal.

That's how I run my cyclocross bike. Please send me the reasons why I'm stupid for setting it up this way. I've heard them all. I don't care. I like it that way. Suck it.

I must admit the first few sessions of CX are a challenge after riding road, mtb, and SS for so long during the 'season.' Grabbing to much 'front' brake on a downhill is a sphincter factor (as in you couldn't shove a sewing machine needle in my arse with a sledge hammer) of the utmost degree.

Other than the above mentioned sphincter factor everything went well. No undercarriage damage, rusty but not ice required. Always a good thing. Starts, well I need more practice. It is always a shit grin ride when the CX is brought out. Good times are to follow. I'm patiently waiting for these! Next week the ordering begins for the 'new' parts. New season, new races, new expectations. On pin and needles for it to begin.

No comments: