c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Its The Indsutry At Large

More often than not we can blame it on the overzealous marketers for the bicycle industry. What is exactly the 'blame' well it's the lack of concern for true ability to forecast when, where, and why the product they stated would be here on such and such isn't here till....well a hell of alot later than any of else planned on.

Start the fervor, get them salivating for the product, then the orders come in...well now that we have your money it will be such and such longer. It got stuck here, or there, but more often than not we end up on the short end of the stick. Not pleasing for the consumer, which is me.

I've been on that side. The bike industry that is, I worked many years in shops. Often times starting a fire under a customers hind end to find out the product I was pimpin won't be out when I was first told it would be. The end result, the customer is dissatisfied with my explanation of why 'it's' not in there hands when I said it was to be. Now I have lost street cred(yea that's right, I've been dying to use that) with this consumer. Unfortunate because I was a link to new, cool, most desired product for said consumer to purchase.

More often than not the 'inside guy' had no sympathy for my cries of "Well you said' falls on deaf ears. Thanks I will be sure to tell you how satisfied the customer was with your response. Oh wait, you don't give a shit about that either. Thank you, I highly doubt that customer will want to buy something from a Local Bike Dealer again. Now he will visit the World Wide Web and not deal with 'people' per say. I hear it now "I found it at WWW site and they had it for this price!" Continuing on said customer throws down "Could you install it for me?"

Phuck sakes I'm now getting off the soap box.

2 comments:

eforendo said...

Wow I got your panties all up in a bunch...

CurbDestroyer Chronicles said...

Yea, What are you on about? I have an idea. Start a BLOG to vent your frustrations and ideas.