c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bagged & Tagged The Rapha 500

All I can say is that somewhere out there is a Fat Lady Signing.

Today laid out its own challenges that I haven't experienced during the Rapha Festive 500. First off one of my fair weather buddies decided to come out and join me for half of the ride. Thanks K-Lew for the ride to Benetti's.

Before arriving I had a close call with a Toyota Mini Van that decided it was a smart idea to turn around on a steep downhill curve. Luckily it wasn't wet or I could have came up short on miles. Not more than a couple minutes later I had a rear flat. Must have embedded something after the little e-stop. As the saying goes 'Things come in three's' well to top it off a squirrel decided to make a mad dash across the street as I was at top speed downhill. Again luck played it's part because the little sucker turned tail to go back the way he started. Very close call.

At this point I was getting a little nervous if I was going to be taken out before getting all miles in. I finally arrived home. The ride was one of those that you would actually like to stay out to enjoy the weather. Albeit the wind was at a sustained 20mph with gusts reaching 40mph. Maybe I should have heeded the wind advisory. Nope there was a task at hand to which I was going to complete. Which I did. I'm still amazed that I pulled it off. Now I hope I get one of the patches.

I would like to the think Rapha for coming up with the challenge. It really forced me to dig deep to achieve the final miles/k's. Feel really good right now, but will see what happens tomorrow.


Total

281.9+33.22=315.12 miles.

No comments: