c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Willy Pete Didn't Appreciate the Rapha 500 Contest Today

With the temps topping out at 27 degrees with wind gusts up to 25mph out of the NNE made the wind chill below 20 degrees. That's phucking cold outside to be riding. Amplifying the windchill with the speed I carried I can only imagine how cold it actually was.

When a manufacture produces items that say they are windproof fleece how do they test them? Well my test today wasn't the best results a cyclist wants/like's/asks for. You hear often enough how cycling effects the prostate. If your windproof fleece isn't windproof your Willy Pete will affect your mental state faster than a greased pig getting a away from well....nevermind. I felt great for sometime, until the windproofness? gave way or wait, the shit wasn't windproof in the first place, with the constant wind today.

My first thought was to change direction heading into the west to give me(Willy Pete) some reprieve with the crosswind. But for some unknown reason every time I turned west it seemed that it was a headwind. Son of a Botch, this isn't going how I planned. My conspiracy theory seems to be playing itself out to a 'T'. Mother Nature is working in cohorts with Rapha to make sure I don't get my stinkin patch. I NEED THAT STICKIN PATCH.

Any way I went was the wrong direction so I had to pull the plug otherwise I think it would be hard to explain to an ER doctor why the Willy Pete is frozen at the tip. Since it was so cold I only got some shots when I stopped to make sure Willy Pete still worked.
UPDATED: Feeling is slowly returning. Slowly, painfully, but things seem to be ok.

Total Damage Accumulated Thus Far

1 comment:

CurbDestroyer Chronicles said...

I thought we discussed the idea of the CoSo before. You know Rooster Sock. Looks like 200 more miles and 4 days to go.