c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, December 23, 2010

It Has Begun: Rapha 500

I took the first step err pedal into reaching the final goal of the Rapha contest Festive 500. Knocked off 69km(49mi) not exactly what I wanted but you have to start somewhere. I tried to take some shots of riding in the country from dusk to night time. Its kinda of difficult taking shots with winter gloves on.

Amazing how riding in the country takes on a new perspective from daytime. I've ridden at night in the woods plenty of times. Riding on the road on County Maintained roads is one thing during the day. At night following two separate lights(one on the bars, the other on the helmet) at adds an element all its own. The country dogs really don't know what the hell to do when they saw a couple of lights moving up the road at them. Possums well they played possum. No photos of those guys, those teeth scare the shit out of me. So I just kept moving on.

Ok tomorrow's plan is still up in the air. The weather is going to make it a challenge. But I want that patch. Might have to try and bag 50miles on the MTB.

Merry Christmas Eves Eve...


Day One

No comments: