c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I'm Going the Distance for the Rapha 500


That's right. I"m going make this thing with one easy ride to Benetti's Coffee Experience tomorrow. I really had some doubts about the idea after the weather took a nose dive. Somehow I managed to hang tough for two absolutely shitty days. Now tomorrow they are calling for 59 degrees. Really it doesn't bother me that the winds will be 25miles an hour. Cake walk after doing that in 10-20 degree shit with the same winds. So excited to wrap this baby up and deliver it to Rapha.

Tomorrow I will download my rides via Map My Ride since I totally blew it with the download of total debacle. I almost did it again tonight. Tired, a little tender all over the whole body. Miraculously the rig is starting to feel the same. I can tell by the little noises that it started producing today. Or maybe it was the shear silence in the fog amplified everything.

Very strange day of riding. The drizzly was more of a sprinkle the entire time going south. Until I reached my furthest point. Then suddenly the mist stopped. The fog, well it hung tough although on the southeast side it subsided just a little. I wasn't quite as afraid of the Loch Ness Monster coming out of the woods. Although I've heard the chupacabra are in the woods out south. Just saying they can migrate you know.


Total
138.1+143.8= 281.9 total mileage
281.9-310.6= 28.7 left to go
Just remember that you have to go back a couple days before I downloaded & cleared my running total.

No comments: