c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Rapha Day 5 Late

All well laid out plans are made to be broken. Especially if you decide to stop my your favorite Mexican eating establishment, Fiesta Azteca. Usually when the boss and I stop there we get a half pitcher of margaritas. Well this time I decided to go the full monty. Which was a gooood idea at the time but today it might not be. Only time will tell.

I did ride yesterday. The previous days effort played a big role in the later than usual start. The weather really took it's toll on me. Not that I was pushing pace. I'm thinking the 20 degree temp that effected more than I thought it would. Oh well, living to fight another day.

Yesterday's route was a favorite of mine, in the summer. Now I know why. To many hills, not enough rest in between. Who said Misery was flat? I will show them the opposite. We may not have 10-30 minute sustained climbs. It the endless rollers that will wear on a man's soul. So today's plan is to hit the cultural enhancement tour. With the temps climbing and the possibility of rain I need a big push today and tomorrow to secure the 310.6.


Total
138.1+30.61=168.71miles
I made the mistake of leaving the computer on to charge the Garmin. Then it downloaded my history. Damn. Now I have to add this stuff up. Guess that higher education will come in handy after all.

No comments: