c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Friday, January 23, 2009

3 Layer Day

and how!  Layer one.
                 Layer three. but I have the vest.
Setting right at freezing and with the winds howling up to 30mph made it quite an adventure to get all my gear and bike rolling without freezing my arse off!

So to say the least there aren't alot of photog's today.  Nature called and I wanted to give you an idea how well the trail conditions were in some spots.  I would say 90% of the trail is bone dry with some of it reminding me of summer.  The reason for that is that the trails had alot of dust, amazingly.

Overcast and somewhat gloomy.  Good day to do an adventure.

Bed pan of days of ol'

For some of you old MTBr's you might remember this area of Landahl, the old trail 10,11.  The old back way is still there but it hasn't been ridden that's for sure, but to my surprise someone has been maintaining parts of the old trail.

Note the orange arrow.  They had parts of old Moab marked on the rocks and the trees also with the orange arrows.  It was really well kept, leaves off the trail, trees trimmed the whole nine yards.

Brought back the days when were scouting that stuff to make into trail.  It was definitely a shit-grin ride through the old trail.  I went through the rock cropping that CSt tried to take off my shoulder on the tandem.  He kept forgetting he was riding a tandem.  To this day I can't believe we rode through 10 on that thing.  I need to get that flow back again, that's for sure!

No comments: