c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Global Warmin?

That was yesterday's temp!  Unreal!

So I convinced the Boss to hit the road.  Unknowingly towards  P-Hill via this route...

Swweeeettttt gravel!



Can you see the smile from the Boss?
I'm not sure if this is a smile of joy or fear?

Short sleeves, no arm warmers or gloves! Fabulous Baby!!

It was actually warm enough to force me to drink two water bottles today.  It was just like an early March day with the winds coming out of the south at about 10-15mph.


This is how the Community Center use to look long, long ago!

Could you be fooled into thinking this is Belgian road with shit piled up next to it?



Even the turkeys were confused.  I haven't seen that many big turkeys since Nationals.

So as I write this today the high was 26 degrees.  Unbelievably cold, which made me think twice about racing today.  I didn't race and stayed inside nice and warm.  I was still tired from getting back into saddle and hitting it a little to hard.  

The total for the week was 122.3 miles not including racing last Sunday, and Wednesday.  Yikes, I better slow it down a little.  The good weather got the best of me though.  I will get back into a more 'normal' schedule this week with a little more diversity into my routine.

Here is a warm and fuzzy parting shot...

No comments: