c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Thursday, January 1, 2009

New's Year Eve and Day in a Nutshell

Well let's just say the race was fun!  I wasn't on rollers or inside. Although I don't think I could ever generate any power to get my legs to turn the pedals at all.  Oh yea, no pics but this one.
Yea, that's reuse policy, our CX guys are green!

So today was the New Year's Day ride.  It was really amazing how many showed up to the ride today.  I would say at least 200 people.  The weather did help today it was 43 degrees. Outstanding in those regards...
I'm still amazed at 'mob mentality' of cyclists!
The whole ride was like this, until I turned off.
White line to yellow line no matter what.  

So I wound up with this group of riders aka Big Ring Rally Riders...


A barcalounger next to me!
Again everywhere we rode this was the scene from the group. No one seemed to want or cared about forming a double pace line or single.  A clusterphuck as Clint would put it.  It only got worse as we entered the skinny country roads. 

 The reason for my early departure was this...the group is approaching a ice patch covering half of the very narrow country road with some on coming traffic as ways down the road.  Several of us tell the two in front about the situation, several times to no avail, so I take the matter in my own hands, I don't like situations like this...I make an acceleration to separate myself from the impending disaster.  As I accelerate its considered an 'attack' several racers jump on my wheel at this time I decided I had enough companionship.  As I slow down and pull out to make a turn some yells that 3-4 riders ate shit back there.  
Great, Happy New Years, I hope you can come out and ride with the group some other time!

Here are some shoots I took of some excellent conditions to ride your road bike on...


I considered myself special on this one!

1 comment:

karl's jr. said...

marshall included that birdge in the jackson county triathlon bike loop once, and makde it a dismount.

imagine tri-ers going from the aero tuck to a cyclocross dismount in road shoes.