c

Criticism is something we can avoid easily by saying nothing, doing nothing, and being nothing

Elbert Hubbard

Friday, January 9, 2009

Smoke 'em If You Got 'Em?

Well that's in a rhetorical sense!  I don't smoke!  Nor do 99% of the peep's I hang with! But why would I start this damn blog with it?  I can put it this way, the days are great so why not Smoke em if I can?    

Today hit 61 degrees at about 4 pm, but the wind was coming in about 10-15 mph constant keeping it right at around the mid 50's when I rolled out. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining, I'm in seventh heaven!

So to the pics and description of todays journey.

You know your in the country when this is the in road...
Holy shit pie!

Another picture perfect day in the country!

So the plan this year is to really concentrate on what has been my downfall for sometime now...climbing.  Getting my arse up the hills has always been a chore.  Now I'm going to try to fix that once and for all.  Well at least for this year.

I know some really good routes to hit so I'm doing those to build a base.  I'm tracking the data and will use it to 'test' every month to see how progression with mad science is progressing or regressing.  At this point every ride is a data point to which to look at and go hmmm now what?
It's always a little harder to coach yourself than to coach others.  I have found this out over the years.  Ok to much shit...back to the ride.

Many have done this loop with me, the Lone Jack Lollipop.  It's a fun one to do.  I was impressed with the altitude of Lone Jack climb 1011ft.  Not bad for Missery, I'm must say.

This poor soul doesn't know what he's missing!

Here is the route he should have taken.

Meandering rollers, good for the soul!

Dropping into the valley.

The side profile of the beast.  Doesn't look like much here!


Welcome, the hill says.

Just the second step up.

The third step.

Are we done yet?

Damn, a false flat to the top.

Finally the top! Holy shit that sucked!



For those who back in the day that did this loop with me now will appreciate the fact that Fast Eddie and company are behind a half-ass fence.  Man he was really pissed off today.  Plus I'm glad there was no hole in the fence as I took this shot.  Again, Fast Eddie had the line to bite.  I do miss the sprint for your life or when others showed up the Darwin Sprint.

In closing I leave how well the roads are turning with all this crazy weather.  Almost perfect!

1 comment:

eforendo said...

I am going to have to cut a hole in the fence when I come back for Crusty's Spring Training Camp. I miss the the dog sprint! Good Times.